If you are new to learning with social media, there’s some guidance from Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) and Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) that you may find helpful.
- MMU: Social media for social learning and teaching, resources available here.
- SHU: There is a dedicated site for using social media in learning and teaching (http://go.shu.ac.uk/shusome). It includes guidance on how and why social media can be used in teaching practice, along with a wide range of case studies sharing SHU colleagues’ practice.
- SHU: There are resources for students that are just as useful for staff (http://go.shu.ac.uk/socialmedia) They include:
- Using social media for learning – a guide to becoming strategic
- Managing your digital footprint
- How to use social media responsibly
- Using social media to enhance your employability
- Staying safe online
The leaflets have been given a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)